Ethos Urban prepared the Issues and Opportunities Paper for Stage 3 of the Caulfield Racecourse Reserve Land Management Plan.
The Project offered a unique opportunity for a complete re-examination of the current public uses occurring at the land and a reimagination of its potential to operate as a vibrant, accessible, inclusive state-significant open space and recreation and events venue.
Our team undertook:
- A review of background documents, including municipal and State strategic policy, technical reports, lease and license agreements, and other relevant documentation provided by project stakeholders;
- Three phases of community engagement with Civic and Corporate and Community Project Advisory Groups and the broader community; and
- In-depth site investigation at the Reserve
- The analysis culminated in a Report that identified key issues and opportunities at the Reserve for consideration by the Land Management Plan under five key themes:
- Access and movement;
- Open space and recreation;
- Culture, community, and events; and