Leading solar power generation
Ethos Urban was commissioned by Sunshine Energy Australia to assist with obtaining planning approval for their $2.5 billion solar farm project. Once completed, the solar farm is expected to provide clean energy for approximately 300,000 households a year.
The project includes a fully automated 500MW battery storage station to allow power distribution outside of daylight hours. Ethos Urban provided multidisciplinary services to the project which included:
- Coordinating and preparing the planning application.
- Preparing the Landscape Visual Impact Assessment (VIA) that was included in the application.
- Conducting community consultation with surrounding land owners.
To ensure the best outcome for the site and local area, the Ethos Urban project team assisted in proposing a design that was responsive to:
- Scenic visual amenity value.
- Biodiversity value.
- Agricultural value.
- Water quality.
- Impacts on adjoining properties.