Ethos Urban has been engaged TOMRA to provide detailed strategic and statutory planning advice in support of the establishment and rollout of the Victorian and Tasmanian Container Deposit Scheme.
This has included:
- Ongoing advice on the preferred, draft and gazetted planning controls in relation to the CDS.
- Preparation detailed submissions to State government agencies in support of the required planning exemptions to facilitate the schemes
- Presentation to State planning panels in support of TOMRAs submissions
- Strategic advice regarding stakeholder engagement and process
The final controls were gazetted into the Victorian Planning Provisions (VPP) on 14 November 2022. The Particular Provision for the CDS at Clause 52.13 was supported by amendments to Clause 73.03 which include a specific land use definition for an Automated collection point (ACP).
In the lead up to the operation of the CDS in Victoria, Ethos Urban have provided TOMRA Cleanaway and its sub-contractors specialises statutory planning and design advice and services to securing planning permits associated with the roll-out of a range of collection point typologies which form part of the CDS. This has included:
- Strategic advice in support of site selection
- Preparation of detailed layout, car parking and signage plans
- Detailed early engagement with Council planning and waste departments
- Preparation of planning reports in support of planning applications
- Management of post lodgement planning processes to permit issue